Social media platforms continue to grow, adding new, fun features that both maintain its users and attract new ones. These new and old features make it easier to connect, engage, and be informed. Best of all, it’s absolutely free.
Given its zero cost and opportunities, it’s essential for businesses to be active in social media. Businesses have the opportunity to emphasize their brand, voice their values, promote items, and provide better customer service.
If you’re a business owner who still relies on word of mouth, you’ll probably (hopefully) reconsider after reading these facts below:
- · Social media is the number one activity on the Web
- · 53 per cent of people recommend products on Twitter
- · 90 per cent of consumers trust peer recommendations
- · Only 14 per cent trust advertisements
- · 34 per cent of bloggers post opinions about products and brands
- · 83 percent of consumers exposed to a brand’s social media presence would try the brand’s products
- · 78 percent of participants found that website traffic increased with as little as 6 hours per week invested in social media marketing
- · More than half of marketers who have been using social media for more than 3 years say that it has helped them increase sales
Word of mouth can still get you far, but social media will surely get you further.